This online course will help you to reconfigure your company’s international footprint of manufacturing activities to deliver real business impact.
What you will learn
- Understand manufacturing core competencies and supply strategies by deploying structured “make-or-buy” tools
- Design a global manufacturing and supply network, considering plant roles and network coordination principles, scenario development and evaluation
- Explore network reconfiguration projects that deliver the strategic vision, involving manufacturing location decisions, insourcing and outsourcing, and transferring production.
During the course you will also:
- Consider the impact of market and technological drivers.
- Review the latest approaches to advanced analysis that help to guide high level strategic principles and ongoing footprint development.
- Gain practical insights into how the tools have helped leading companies develop competitive advantage through footprint transformation.
Delivered in four 3-hour online sessions across 4 days, course material is presented using the latest virtual interactive environments, including breakout rooms to facilitate discussions between delegates to aid learning.
WHY? Strategic roadmapping: aligning footprint strategy with business and technology drivers.
WHAT? Make-or-buy: understanding manufacturing core competences, areas for supply partnerships and low cost sourcing.
WHERE? Global network design: designing plant roles and network coordination principles.
HOW? Strategy into action: creating manufacturing mobility for moving towards a footprint vision.
Who should attend
- Senior operations executives looking to inspire thought leadership in manufacturing footprint development across complex organisations.
- Mid-level operations managers and executives who lead strategic change programmes in global manufacturing.
- Strategic analysts and internal consultants who support major strategic change programmes.
- High potential functional leaders and managers who are seeking to develop awareness of the important global, enterprise-level strategic challenges that the business is facing.
Paul Christodoulou and Don Fleet have led the development and application of the IfM approach to Manufacturing Footprint Strategy in blue chip companies over the last 15 years, and are co-authors of the publication Making the Right Things in the Right Places. Prior to working with IfM, Paul and Don both held senior operational and strategic roles in global manufacturing companies.
This short course can be run in-company, at a location of choice, for organisations that would like to train multiple employees on the content. We can tailor content to meet specific organisational requirements to further enhance the learning experience.
Centre for International Manufacturing
This content on this course is based on the research and practice activtities at the Centre for International Manufacturing.
Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
This event may contribute towards your Continuing Professional Development (CPD) as part of the your professional institution's monitoring scheme.
University of Cambridge endorsement
IfM open courses are endorsed by the Board of Executive and Professional Education.
20 - 23 April 2020
Duration: 4 x 3-hour online sessions, 13.00-16.00 UK time
Cost: £1800 plus VAT
Discount available for multiple bookings.
For further information please contact:
T: +44 1223 766141
“The training course was excellent. Despite our senior leadership team being based in locations throughout the world, we were able to get together in a virtual environment, take inspiration from the research and tutors, and work and learn together to see how the approaches could work for our organisation. The IfM frameworks are now an important part of creating and refreshing our footprint strategy which shows how effective this course was.”
Global Manufacturing Manager, Energy Products