Ecosystem StrategyOne day course, 27 February 2018
When designing new services it is important to bring them to market quickly and iterate delivery. Often, it takes a lot of time to build capacity and capability to fulfil customer's needs. This course will show you how through understanding your business' ecosystem and leveraging partnerships, you can deliver services quickly and effectively.
This course will help you
- Understand what your business ecosystem is and why it is vital in service delivery
- Explore the different options and models in understanding the wider ecosystem
- Understand how to build partnerships to share capability and capacity across multiple companies
- Understand how innovation can work through partnerships
- Learn how to identify weaknesses in your ecosystem and what approaches you can take to address them
What you will learn
- What an ecosystem is with past and present examples to deepen your understanding
- How to model an ecosystem through mapping and ecosystem of your choice
- Where value is exchanged across partners in the ecosystem and how this can highlight areas for improvement in the delivery of services
- Understand the total value exchange, including the concept of indirect value, and how to model a direct value exchange
- Why innovation is important in ecosystems
- A technique that enables innovation between partners
- How to critically review your ecosystem, to identify areas of weakness and propose strategic configurations for improvement
An interactive one-day course combining presentations, group activities and discussions. Participants will develop the skills and knowledge to successfully leverage their company's ecosystem for growth.
Who should attend
- Managers and executives involved in strategy and business development of solutions and services
- Senior operations executives looking to inspire thought leadership in complex organisations
- Consultants who support major strategic change programmes
- Functional leaders and managers who are seeking to understand the wider value system of their firm
The programme below provides an outline of what attendees can expect on the day but is subject to change.
09:30 – 10:00 Arrival and coffee
10:00 – 11:00 Introductions and expectations / What is a Business Ecosystem / what is a Business Network
11:00 – 12:00 Mapping a business ecosystem (tools, what to include & exclude)
12:00 – 13:00 Understanding different types of connections and building new partnerships
13:00 – 14:00 Lunch
14:00 – 15:00 Understanding the total value exchange in the ecosystem
15:00 – 16:00 Innovating with your partners
16:00 – 17:00 Increasing the quality of your partnerships
17:00 - 17:30 wrap-up and close
'Structured as a series of interactive sessions within the day which interrelated and showed a tangible output - very good indeed'
'Its deployable (e.g. bite-size, dot-vote simplicity) application felt relevant and realistic to our business challenges right now'
- BAE Systems attendees
The course can be run in company, tailored to meet your organisation's requirements. If you would like to discuss in company courses, please contact us.
The course fee is £1000 plus VAT. The fee is inclusive of course materials, refreshments and lunch.
IfM members are entitled to a 10% discount off the course fees. For details of our membership scheme see click here.
Discounts may be available for Cambridge Service Alliance members. Please enquire for details.
A further 10% discount is available on the above prices if you book to attend two or more IfM workshops at the time of booking.
T: +44 (0)1223 766 141
This event may contribute towards your Continuing Professional Development (CPD) as part of your professional institution's monitoring scheme.
Substitutions may be made at any time. Bookings cancelled less than 10 working days prior to the event will be charged in full.
We reserve the right to modify the programme of any event up to the day of the event.
It may, in exceptional circumstances, be necessary to cancel or rearrange an event at short notice. IfM and IfM ECS can accept no liability for loss caused by cancellation or rearrangement. Its liability is limited to refund of the registration fee if the event is cancelled. For further information on our Terms and Conditions, please click here