Developing End-to-End Supply Chain Capability23 May 2018
This course will help to:
- Map complex end-to-end supply chains using advanced visualisation and modelling techniques.
- Develop deep insights regarding your key supply chain dynamics and identify opportunities for integration and optimisation.
- Understand how to identify current weaknesses and improve capabilities in areas such as supply chain process development, network design and modelling, and e-commerce.
- Understand the potential offered by emerging digitalisation opportunities in driving supply chain improvement.
What you will learn
On the course you will learn about a variety of tools for:
- Mapping complex supply chains to understand the key factors influencing performance in areas such as responsiveness, cost, agility and innovation.
- Identifying the major gaps in your supply chain capability with particular emphasis on business processes, systems, skills and attitudes.
- Creating capability transformation initiatives in areas such as supply network design, digital production processes, collaborative e-sourcing, customer-connected e-commerce.
- Instilling cross-functional and cross-organisation alignment, improving levels of end-to-end integration, transparency and agility.
On the day you will also:
- Cover latest digital trends, value drivers and adoption and consider the impact of digitalisation and Big Data in driving improvements.
- Get insight into some of the latest approaches to supply chain transformation that could be applied to your organisation.
An interactive one-day course combining presentations, group activities and discussions. Toolsets will be described and applied during the course to reinforce learning. Case studies will demonstrate how the tools have been used to deliver significant business impact in a range of organisations.
Sessions will cover:
- End-to-end supply chains:strategy and context
- Network configuration
- Supply chain capability
- Digitalisation of supply chains
- Digital maturity
- Digital applications
Who should attend?
- Senior manufacturing and supply chain executives looking to inspire thought leadership in supply chain management across complex organisations.
- Mid-level manufacturing and supply chain executives who lead strategic change programmes in global supply chains.
- Strategic analysts and internal consultants who support major strategic change programmes.
- Senior executives who lead programmes targeting the application of digitalisation in the delivery of business improvement.
- High potential functional leaders and managers who are seeking to develop awareness of the important global, enterprise-level strategic challenges that the business is facing.
Dr Jag Srai
is Head of the IfM’s Centre for International Management. His research, and that of his group, involves working closely with industry in the analysis, design and operation of international production, supply and service networks. He has significant consultancy experience involving the application of the latest research with leading multinationals and government organisations.
is Senior Industrial Fellow within the IfM’s Education & Consultancy Services (ECS) Division. His primary focus is in designing, developing and implementing supply chain and business improvement strategies in multi-national companies. Before moving into consultancy, he worked in senior supply chain roles in Unilever, Esselte and ICI.
“We highly value our work with the IfM in contributing inspiring thinking to help us constantly step up in our approach to optimising end-to- end operations.”
Chief Operating Officer, The LEGO Group
Developing End-to-End Supply Chain Capability
The course can be run in company, tailored to meet your organisation's requirements. If you would like to discuss in company courses, please contact us.
The course fee will be £1000 plus VAT, to include course refreshments, lunch and a copy of ‘Capturing Value from Global Networks’ which covers a broad set of supply chain strategy tools developed by IfM.
An ‘earlybird’ fee of £800 plus VAT applies until 23 April 2018. Group discounts are available on request.
IfM members are entitled to a 10% discount on the above course fees. For details of IfM membership see www.ifm.eng.cam.ac.uk/members
Please return the booking form to:
IfM Education and Consultancy Services Ltd Institute for Manufacturing
17 Charles Babbage Road
CB3 0FS, UK
T: +44 (0)1223 766141
F: +44(0)1223 464217
You will receive confirmation of receipt of your booking form by email, usually within 48 hours. Final confirmation of your booking together with joining instructions, including maps etc, will be sent approximately one week before the start of the event, usually by email to the email address provided on your form.
This event may contribute towards your Continuing Professional Development (CPD) as part of your professional institution's monitoring scheme.
Substitutions may be made at any time. Bookings cancelled less than 10 working days prior to the event will be charged in full.
We reserve the right to modify the programme of any event up to the day of the event. It may, in exceptional circumstances, be necessary to cancel or rearrange an event at short notice. IfM and IfM ECS can accept no liability for loss caused by cancellation or rearrangement. Its liability is limited to refund of the registration fee if the event is cancelled. For further information on our Terms and Conditions, please click here .