Developing End-to-End Supply Chain Capability23 May 2018
This course gives insight into the key elements of design, development and implementation of the processes that will deliver end-to-end supply chain capability within your organisation. The emphasis is on practical approaches and tools that can be applied directly to help determine the areas for improvement and integration, steps that need to be taken, and how progress can be measured.
On leaving the course, you will have practiced and be able to undertake a review of your supply chain in the context of developing a business strategy. You will also be equipped with a set of tools that help to identify and inform supply chain improvement and integration initiatives.
- Apply mapping tools that support the visualisation and redesign of complex supply chains
- Apply tools to analyse the strengths and weaknesses of your supply chain.
- Assess current and desired end-to-end capabilities.
- Create a strategic development plan that’s proven to engage cross-functional teams.
- Identify the basis for competitive differentiation in your supply chain, so you can align your business strategy and capabilities to leverage value in this area.
- Cover recent developments in supply chain modelling, considering the impact of digitalisation and the increase in data available to drive improvement
- Get insight into some of the latest approaches to supply chain improvements that could be applied to your organisation
Who should attend?
The course is suitable for anyone responsible for, or interested in, the integration of end-end supply chains, proving especially valuable for those tasked with the developing improvement initiatives, including:
- manufacturing and supply chain professionals
- lean supply chain practitioners
- change agents and internal consultants
Dr Jag Srai
is Head of the IfM’s Centre for International Management. His research, and that of his group, involves working closely with industry in the analysis, design and operation of international production, supply and service networks. He has significant consultancy experience involving the application of the latest research with leading multinationals and government organisations.
is Senior Industrial Fellow within the IfM’s Education & Consultancy Services (ECS) Division. His primary focus is in designing, developing and implementing supply chain and business improvement strategies in multi-national companies. Before moving into consultancy, he worked in senior supply chain roles in Unilever, Esselte and ICI.
The course fee will be £1000 plus VAT, to include course refreshments, lunch and a copy of ‘Capturing Value from Global Networks’ which covers a broad set of supply chain strategy tools developed by IfM.
An ‘earlybird’ fee of £800 plus VAT applies until 23 March 2018. Group discounts are available on request.
IfM members are entitled to a 10% discount on the above course fees. For details of IfM membership see www.ifm.eng.cam.ac.uk/members
Please return the booking form to:
IfM Education and Consultancy Services Ltd Institute for Manufacturing
17 Charles Babbage Road
CB3 0FS, UK
T: +44 (0)1223 766141
F: +44(0)1223 464217
You will receive confirmation of receipt of your booking form by email, usually within 48 hours. Final confirmation of your booking together with joining instructions, including maps etc, will be sent approximately one week before the start of the event, usually by email to the email address provided on your form.
This event may contribute towards your Continuing Professional Development (CPD) as part of the your professional institution's monitoring scheme.
Substitutions may be made at any time. Bookings cancelled less than 10 working days prior to the event will be charged in full.
We reserve the right to modify the programme of any event up to the day of the event. It may, in exceptional circumstances, be necessary to cancel or rearrange an event at short notice. IfM and IfM ECS can accept no liability for loss caused by cancellation or rearrangement. Its liability is limited to refund of the registration fee if the event is cancelled. For further information on our Terms and Conditions, please click here .