IfM Company Membership for Small and Medium Sized Manufacturers
Benefits of IfM membership
The Institute for Manufacturing membership scheme gives companies access to strategic, technical and innovation expertise from one of the world’s leading centres of manufacturing research and practice. As a member you will be assigned an industrial practitioner with many years’ senior management experience. He or she will be your account manager and primary point of contact, and will devise a bespoke programme of support to meet your company’s needs.
As part of your membership you may be introduced to IfM researchers, practitioners and students who are interested in engaging with your company on research programmes, business improvement assignments or student projects.
- Free places for up to two employees on SME Member training courses (at least three courses per year) and research update events (at least two per year) on a first come first served basis.
- Opportunities to network with peers and IfM staff at social events such as the Members’ summer garden party, usually held in the grounds of one of the Cambridge colleges.
- Access to an experienced IfM Member contact for advice, referrals and relationship brokering with IfM Experts and SME peers.
- Opportunities to engage with talented Cambridge undergraduate and postgraduate students on potential projects and placements.
- 10% member discounts on other IfM courses
- IfM ECS has a team of Industrial Fellows experienced in meeting the consultancy and business support needs of SMEs. IfM ECS offers reduced rates on its consultancy services to UK SMEs with fewer than 250 employees and a balance sheet not exceeding EUR 43 million. A further reduction is offered to SME Members.