Science Festival at the IfM
Each year we welcome over 1000 visitors to the IfM as part of the annual Cambridge Science Festival with a host of displays, exhibitions and hands on activities guaranteed to amaze and delight both young and old.
It’s not science fiction: it’s just engineering! Dr Tim Minshall
Printable food? Bendable computers? Flying drones delivering your shopping? Electric racing cars? Every day, engineers take incredible ideas and make them work in the real world. This talk showed some amazing ideas being developed in Cambridge and elsewhere, and introduced some of the extraordinary young engineers working to make these ideas a reality.
Videos from the talk
- 4OD programme on life on the International Space Station (ISS) and NASA’s resources on the ISS.
- Amazon Prime Air – video of drone delivery service idea from Amazon
- Building an Airbus A380 in 7 minutes
- Cambridge University Eco Racing - a 60 strong student organisation that designs, build and races solar powered vehicles
- “I want to study engineering” – resources to help you get a place at a top university to study engineering.
- Khan Academy – one of the most well-known examples of web enabled learning for everyone
- MakerBot – desktop 3D printing
- MakerBot RoboHand – the story behind the making of RoboHand
- Mavrx - the company that Max Bruner started that uses drones to access data to help farmers
- Stratasys – from ideas to prototypes to products