Dr Philip Woodall
Senior Research Associate
Dr Philip Woodall is a research scientist at the University of Cambridge specialising in information management. He has extensive experience working with international public and private organisations from various sectors, including transport, utilities, defence, public sector, manufacturing, and aerospace, to improve their information management and information quality practices.
He is author of “Total Information Risk Management: Maximizing the Value of Data and Information Assets”, and has published numerous academic articles in leading international journals and conferences. He is an editor of The International Journal of Information Quality, and was Chairman of the IET Asset Management conference in London in 2011, after having worked on information quality with several asset management organisations. Philip also advises the UK government and leading businesses on data management issues within the University of Cambridge Centre for Science and Policy, and is a proud member of St Edmund's College, Cambridge.
Previously, he worked in the software industry and gained his Ph.D. in Computer Science from Keele University.
- Industrial information systems
- Information management
- Information quality
- Data mining
- Programme committee member, International data and information management conference (IDIMC), Loughborough. (2014)
- Member, DAMA UK (the International Data Management Association), (2013 –)
- Editorial board, International Journal of Information Quality (IJIQ), (2012 –)
- Committee member, IET Asset Management Executive Committee (Technical Professional Network), (2009 – 2012)
- Organising committee member, IET Asset Management conference, (2012)
- Chairman of the organising committee, IET Asset Management conference, (2011)
- UKexpert, ISO-8000 standard for data quality, (2012 –)
- Member, International Association for Information and Data Quality (IAIDQ), (2011 –)
- Professional member, British Computer Society (BCS), (2012 –)
- Committee member, BCS professional network on data management, (2012 –)
- Judging panel, IET innovation awards, (2011)
- Member, St Edmund’s College Cambridge, (2010 –)