Dr Nicky Dee
- Innovation investment in emerging industries
- Greentech management and innovation
Investment and emerging industries - currently working part time to explore trends and impacts of grant, debt and equity finance on innovation and the emergence of industries. This is expected to reveal further insights on the relationship between finance types and its impact on the strategic direction of new firms.
Nicky Dee joined the Centre for Technology Management in 2001. Her doctoral research focused on how new ventures manage opportunities and obstacles when operating in the sustainable energy industry. This included analysis of the emergence of sustainability industries and associated entrepreneurial opportunities. Other achievements include the management of research and consultancy engagements for new ventures, RDAs, government departments, and European projects. She also spearheaded a new business creation competition in Cambridge to stimulate support for student social and environmental businesses.
- Garnsey, E., Dee, N., Ford, S. (Spring 2010) 'Market failure, market dynamics and entrepreneurial innovation by environmental ventures', Handbook of Research on Energy Entrepreneurship edited by Rolf Wüstenhagen and Robert Wuebker published by Edward Elgar Publishing, ~ Autumn 2010
- Dee, N. (2008) 'Technology Management by Sustainable Energy Ventures', PhD Thesis
- Dee, N., Ford, S., Garnsey, E. (2008) Chapter 5 'Obstacles to commercialisation of clean technology innovations from UK ventures', 'Sustainability, Innovation and Entrepreneurship: New Perspectives in Research on Corporate Sustainability' Elgar Publishing, Cheltenham UK
- Dee, N., Ford, S., Garnsey, E. (2007) 'Development and Commercialisation of Eco-Innovations by New Ventures' Centre for Technology Management Working Paper [http://www.ifm.eng.cam.ac.uk/ctm/publications/w_papers/]
- Garnsey, E., Dee, N., Ford, S. (2006) 'Clean Technology Ventures and Innovation' Centre for Technology Management Working Paper.
- Dee, N., Ford, S., Garnsey, E. (2006) 'Development & Commercialisation of Eco-Innovations by New Ventures' July 10-12 2006 Paper presented at the 'Sustainability Management, Innovation and Entrepreneurship' Conference at University of St Gallen, Switzerland.
- Dee, N. (2005) '3P Business Creation Competition - (People, Planet, Productivity) - Review of issues' Okologisches Wirtshaften Vol. 2